Your departmental Training & Placement faculty coordinator is always your first point of contact related to any of your Training & Placement activities/queries.
You can contact to your Class Teacher and ask him/her the necessary information about the departmental Training & Placement Coordinator.
Campus recruitment refers to the process/program whereby employers undertake an organized series of activities of attracting and hiring students who are about to graduate from colleges/universities. The objective of campus placement is to identify and hire the talented and qualified students before they complete their education.
Normally the campus placement season begins in the pre final (7th semester). It commences in the month of July and goes on till the end of the academic year.
Once the recruiter’s campus plan is confirmed, all eligible and placement registered students will receive a communication/WhatsApp messages from Training & Placement Cell/Departmental Training & Placement Faculty Coordinator. This communication will be having detailed Job Description (JD) (i.e. Company and job profile, eligibility, Work Location, Salary Package, Selection Procedure, mandatory requirements if any as laid by the company ) and the process to register for the particular drive. The respective interested students must give his/her confirmation that he/she is willing to participate in the respective campus recruitment drive. Notices for the respective drive will be put on notice board so all students needs to check the departmental notice boards regularly.
ALL STUDENTS WHO THUS CONFIRM THEIR WILLINGNESS MUST ATTEND THE RESPECTIVE CAMPUS RECRUITMENT WITHOUT FAIL.
Eligibility criteria’s varies from company to company, but usually the eligibility criteria will be as
1. 10th, 12th /Diploma : Min 60%
2. Graduation Years: Min 6 CGPA in 6th/7th semester.
3. No live backlogs.
4. No year gap during academics.
The following are the typical stages of recruitment – elimination happens at every stage
1. Pre placement talk
2. Aptitude Test / Technical test
3. Group discussion (GD)
4. Personal interview (Technical & HR Interviews)
The above mentioned stages may vary as per each company recruitment pattern.
1. Consist of verbal reasoning, logical reasoning and numerical / analytical section.
2. There may be one section for the technical aptitude
3. Duration of the test varies from company to company.
4. Every company has minimum cut off marks.
5. Those who clear the aptitude test will go to the next round of selection process.
Pre Placement talk is a Corporate Presentation given by the company people to the students detailing them about the Company, Work Culture, Job Descriptions, Roles & Responsibilities, Company Financials & Vendors/Clients, Career Progress Path in Company, HR Policies of the Company etc.
1. Group Discussion (GD) is conducted to evaluate the students on the basis of knowledge on current affairs, communication skills, leadership qualities and group behaviour.
2. Those who clear the GD will go to the next round of the situation process.
HR interviews are conducted to assess Attitude, Communication, Confidence level, Flexibility and Fitment of the candidate into the respective company culture.
1. It is assess technical knowledge of the students based on their core area of study.
2. In case a student has done any certification course, knowledge in that area will also be evaluated.
1. College Identity Card.
2. Three sets of updates Resume, photocopies of mark sheets and other certification if any.
3. 3 recent passport size photographs.
Mostly results of Campus recruitment Process/program are declared on the same day, but few companies might announce the results later.
You are eligible till the final results are declared by the earlier company. If you are selected it is mandatory to take the earlier offer.
All communications should be routed only through the Training & Placement Cell. No direct communication with company HR should be done. Any communication received from company for the students will be forwarded to the concerned by the Training & Placement Cell.