The MIT group of Institutes has a Central Library, equipped with books, Journals
& Magazines in Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities, Social Sciences and Management.
Central Library also has a separate collection of reference books. M I T Central Library was established in 1984.
The new Library block has 3 floors and different Sections which are as follows.
- Circulation Section
- Periodical Section
- PG Section
- Stacking (Store) Section arranged branch wise
There are cubicles for reading purposes for the students and faculty separately. The Central Library also contains a well equipped cabin for the HOD (Library).
On the first floor Reference Section- Branch wise cupboards have been arranged such as Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer science & Engineering, Plastic & Polymer, Agricultural Engineering along with Digital Library.
Faculty and students are allowed open access to the Periodical and Journal Sections as well as Reference Section and Internet facility. Reprographic facilities are also available. The Digital Library is located in the library building and is having an excellent collection of e-books, e-Journals and Magazines.
MIT is pioneer in setting up of the digital library in the region. Digital library caters to the International Journals from ASME, ASCE, Springer Link, IEL-IEEE ( Indian Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers) SD-Science Direct, ACM Digital Library, DEL (Digital Engineering Library),GREENR (Global Reference of Energy Environment and Natural Resources)Emerald Book Series(Business Management Economics and Social Science).
The MIT group of Institutes has a Central Library, equipped with books, Journals & Magazines in Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities, Social Sciences and Management.
The Central Library is spread over 1500 Sq meters with ground floor and mezzanine floor of the MIT Knowledge Centre. It has over 85000 volumes & over 25000 titles, over 350 Periodicals and Hundreds of CD, DVD e-learning material etc.
It comprises of the following Sections:
- Main Library - Issue and Returns Section
- Reference Section - National & International Technical and Science Journals, reference books, bound book volumes including digital library with 5 PC’s multimedia kits internet facility for surfing more than 1000 e-journals & e-books, proceedings, being a member of INDEST- AICTE Consortium.
- Over 100 Study Cubicles on the ground floor.
- Reading room adjacent to the main library and general magazines on the ground floor.
- Newspapers Reading Section on the ground floor.
- Issue Section: 10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Reference Section, Digital Library, Reading Room, Newspaper Section: 10.00 am to 6.00 pm.
- Study cubicles ground floor: 24 hours.
Note:- The above working hours will be extended during examination period.
- Book Circulation
- Open Access for all students, staff & visitors etc
- Internet with Online Journals
- Periodical reading facility
- Reading room facility
- Reference service
- Photography & Other facility
Book bank facility for the following:
- Ist five topper students from IInd year to final year will be eligible to get a set of book free of cost on loan basis per semester.
- SC/ST Category students are eligible for the book bank facility as per the rules of the Social Welfare Department, Govt. of Maharashtra, subject to their approval & funding.
- One can obtain Five books on loan from Book Bank facility on payment of Rs.300/- per Semester for Ist year and Four books on payment of Rs 200/- for Second year to Final year students.
Following are the benefits of the new Library Search Software developed by MIT Software lab:
- We can search books by entering the partial name of the book or Author (min 4 characters of Book or Author).
- System displays the latest information of books available within seconds on a 24X7 basis.
- System generates information regarding books available in central library and number of copies available.
- We can sort the list of books on Title, Author, Publisher and Quantity.
- Paging facility is present if search results are having more than 25 results.
- Precise information regarding the books and number of copies available.
- The Users using Digital Library can have the print of material not more than 10 pages at a time at the nominal cost.
- For photocopying book /Journal material, a demand slips along with the material to be photocopied is to be submitted to the Reference Section and the charges are very nominal.
Total No. of Books
Total No. of Titles
Emerald Book Series
Non book Material
Reports Final Year Students
Total Investment on Books
3 Crores approximately
- Student will keep on person identity card while in the
library and will produce it Whenever demanded by the authority
- Students of sister Institutes are allowed entry in all
section expect Issue and Return Such students will keep on
person their I Cards and will produce before the authority or
Security when demanded.
- Students without I Cards are not allowed to enter in
- No student is allowed to carry any book or other material
except a note book in Reference Section digital Library Section
and Reading Room. Students will keep their Belongings outside
these Sections at designated places at their own risk. However
in Study Cubicles students are allowed to carry his/her own
material for study.
- Log books are maintained in Reference, Digital Library,
Reading Room and Study Cubicles Before entering in to a Section,
members will enter their data duly in these log books and sign.
- Department are allowed to borrow maximum 100 books in an
academic year from the Central Library that need to be retuned
positively to the Library in mid-May every year For stock
verification. HOD concerned will be responsible for such
- Use Library property carefully, do not damage it, do not
deface it or underline/ mark Sentences etc.
- Please intimate Librarian immediately if any one is found in
damaging or stealing the Library material.
- All member will observe perfect silence in Library and avoid
spitting, chewing tobacco speaking loudly etc.
- Mobiles are not allowed in Library.
- Maintain decorum of library, be polite, behave in descent
manner and respect library staff.
- All faculty members and staff will return all their books
borrowed at the end of each semester to the Library for annual
- Members will have to return the books or any other material
- If you have any constructive suggestion deposit it in the
- Students, faculty and staff are invited to make proposals
for Library material purchases, and submit it to the Librarian.
- Librarian will take necessary steps and encourage members if
a member either wants some material from other Library on loan
or to avail of facilities of some other Library.
- The membership will be temporarily suspended by the
Librarian if a member is found violating the above rules. The
Librarian will issue a notice to this effect stating the reason
there in to the defaulter. Librarian will forward the case to
the Library Committee for final decision. The final decision
will be given by the Library Committee within two weeks from the
date of receipt of the Notice. If no decision is given within
the stipulated time, the member is deemed to be absolved from
the charges. The decision of the Library Committee will be
binding on the member. However, member can file an appeal to
Management against the Committee’s decision within seven days
from the date of receipt of the decision.
- Management/ Principal upon recommendations of the Library
Committee is empowered as the case may from time to time, to
edit, modify, delete, add, etc. any of the rules listed in this